MediaDotCom SMS Messaging Server is a service that enables you to send, receive and process SMS and e-mail messages. Supported communication protocols are: GSM, HTTP, HTTPS, SMPP, SMTP, POP3. Incoming messages are processed by 'triggers', and they can be fully customized.
It is a framework for any scenario where one/two-way SMS is required. Create a voting/polling system, send out mass SMS broadcasts, create a reservation system, etc.
The framework is integrated with all of the available mobile operators in the Republic of Macedonia (T-Mobile, One and Vip) into a single service that is also integrated with the National Agency for Electronic Communication (http://aek.mk).
- Send and Receive SMS messages on multiple communication lines simultaneously
- Support for GSM Modems and GSM phones (GSM 07.05 and GSM 07.07 specifications) for low-volume messaging
- Support for SMPP 3.x SMSC Centers. SMPP is the Industry Standard for high volume SMS
- Support for multiple SMPP/SMSC connections and multiple GSM modems/phones running simultaneously
- Support for multi-part messages, to allow messages longer than 160 characters
- Support for SMS delivery verification Support for Unicode, To support extended characters that are not supported by your native character set Support for WAP Push messages and Flash messages
- Support for traffic limitations and throttling Full TAPI (Windows Telephony) support
- Incoming SMS messages are stored in a central, vendor-independent message database
- Outgoing SMS messages are fetched from the message database and sent through an available GSM/SMPP communication channel
- All SMS communications can be viewed real-time using the SMS Messaging Monitor web application
- Send and Receive e-mail messages on multiple network connections simultaneously
- Native SMTP- and POP3 support Supports secure connections (SSL/TLS)
- Incoming e-mail messages are stored in a central message database
- Outgoing e-mail messages are fetched from the message database and sent through an available SMTP communication channel
- All E-mail communications can be viewed real-time using the SMS Messaging Monitor web application
- All configuration information is stored in a central, vendor independent database.
- All incoming and outgoing messages is stored in a central, vendor independent database.
- The SMS Messaging Server Web Manager enables you to define different views of the database.
Scripting low/medium volume
- Incoming messages can be processed by one or more VBScript based 'Trigger scripts'.
- Trigger scripts allow basically any kind of logic, creating new messages in reply, starting external applications, etc.
Message processing high volumes
- For high volume processing of incoming messages the SMS Messaging Server API can be used in a stand alone application.
- The SMS Messaging Server includes a C# based example for high volume processing of incoming messages.
Monitoring, Logging and Tracing
- The Monitor web application shows the real-time activity of the channels.
- All modem operations and network operations (SMPP, POP3 and SMTP) can be viewed real-time
- Logging can be written to text files, an MS Access database, MS SQL server or any other OLE-DB/ADO compliant database.
- Message tracing allows you to see exactly what happened with a message, at what time.